1. (adjective) an old genre of music that died out in the early '90's that many mainstream bands are misidentified as.
2. a culture based around pop punk/hardcore music identified by long bangs, tight clothing and self-harm.
3. a word used to describe someone thats depressed, angsty, and/or darkly poetic.
4. a genre of music played by Jimmy Eats World and Fugazi at the beginning of their careers
5. a genre used in mainstream music that is considered an insult to musicians.
1. "I remember the late 80's. With all that great new wave emo music. Those were the days."
2. "Look at the two emos cutting themselves."
3. "Why are you so down? You're so emo!"
4. "Jimmy Eats World should have still played emo music after their first album. yeah, it wouldn't sell, but at least the genre wouldn't be misused so often."
5. "When you say 'emo' to a musician all they hear is 'your music is so unappealing to normal people, that we will put you into the most abnormal, misused genre in the history of the planet'."
Prices shown in USD.
아래에 이메일 주소를 입력하시고 매일 아침 Urban Dictionary 오늘의 단어를 받아 보세요!
이메일은 firstname.lastname@example.org에서 보냅니다. Urban Dictionary는 스팸 메일을 절대 보내지 않습니다.