1. An early form of modern jazz.
2. The name of Spike and crew's spaceship in Cowboy Bebop (an anime).
3. The name of one of Shredder's henchmen (the mutant boar) in the Teenage Mutant Ninja Turtles cartoon (1980s) and anime (1996).
Bop and bebop are the same kind of music.
Bebop: I'm glad they didn't use that brain switcher thing on Rocksteady and me.
Shredder: Don't worry, you can't switch something that isn't there.
Banks like to cater to NRIs by offering ways for them to send money to their families in India.
An investment banker.
"After two years as an i-banker, I'll just buy my own island and retire."
Many kids in undergraduate business programs are disillusioned by the thought of doing the i-banking routine when they graduate.
A very thin, crisp pancake made of finely ground lentils. Think crispy, lightweight, savory crepe.
Often served with chutney, spiced vegetables, and a type of tomato-and-tamarind-based soup.
Dosas are vegetarian.
Let's go to that dosa place for lunch!
When a dosa has a savory filling, it's called a masala dosa.
1. Art of painting an herbal henna paste on the body in intricate designs (as the paste sets, it temporarily dyes the skin underneath a shade of orange or red). Sometimes called a "henna tattoo."
2. This guy Daler's last name.
Mehndi on children's hands is a good way to keep them out of trouble, because they can't touch anything as the paste dries.
1. Short for Volkswagen, a car company best known for making the Beetle.
2. A small company in Japan specializing in a variety of customizable and character dolls, figures, and sculptures.
Volks recently opened an English site for customers living abroad.
Female ninja. Now an pop-culture stereotype who wears a really really short "kimono" (barely covers butt), a headband, and ofted is packin' several blades.
"That kunoichi might be deadly in anime or manga, but she couldn't get anything done in that costume in real life."